Smoke detectors, quick work of firefighters save Westdale business
Search
  • Annie Lewis

Smoke detectors, quick work of firefighters save Westdale business


Smoke detectors and the quick work of local firefighters saved Summers Westdale Supermarket and Takeaway.


Fire and Rescue NSW Station West Tamworth responded to a privately monitored fire alarm.


On arrival, crews found a shop smoke-logged and quickly gained entry and found a clothes dryer on fire.


The blaze was quickly extinguished with very little damage to the property.


In an online post, the owners of Summers Westdale Supermarket and Takeaway said the shop is safe.


"We are very pleased to have smoke detectors that report back to base," the social media post read.


"That has saved our shop tonight. We thank the Tamworth firefighters and police for responding so quickly."

LOCAL News

with Annie Lewis

QUICK LINKS

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • PODCASTS

92.9FM TAMWORTH

442-445 Goonoo Goonoo Road

Tamworth NSW 2340

Across the road from the Golden Guitar

©2020  - 92.9FM
Tamworth Radio Development Co Pty Ltd